Principles of environmental and energy policy
For us, this is not a "can do" but a clear "must do"
Consistent environmental policy
CHT's environmental guidelines are based on the principles of ISO 14001. They aim, beyond compliance with the relevant environmental regulations, to continuously improve environmental protection.
The CHT environmental policy guidelines
- We are responsible to the community for our products and activities. According to our philosophy, this means to strive for a constant reduction of the environmental impact caused by our plants and products, beyond the legal requirements.
- We provide active and open information to employees and external parties and make our environmental guidelines publicly available.
- Compliance with legal requirements in the manufacture, storage and transport of our products is a matter of course for us.
- In the development, production and distribution of our products, we pay attention to the conservation of resources and the minimization of emissions.
- We have introduced our environmental policy at all levels of the company and ensure its application, maintenance and continuous improvement through training of all employees, according to their function.
Safety Information for Germany
The production plant in Dusslingen (Germany) has been subject to the extended obligations of the Major Accidents Ordinance since 2005. The information brochure (Residents' Safety Information/Anwohnerinformation Sicherheit) informs residents about possible hazards in the event of an incident and the protective measures to be taken. Further information in the event of an incident can be obtained from the permanently manned citizens' hotline.
Our plant is monitored by the Regional Council. The last on-site inspection in accordance with Section 17 Paragraph 2 of the Major Accidents Ordinance took place on November 28, 2021. More detailed information on the on-site inspection and the monitoring plan in accordance with § 17 Paragraph 1 of the Hazardous Incident Ordinance can be obtained from:
Regional Council Tübingen | 72072 Tübingen
Phone: +49 7071 757 0 | Fax: + 49 7071 757 3190
You can also obtain additional environmental information there.
The production plant in Oyten (Germany) has been subject to the basic obligations of the Major Accidents Ordinance since 2022. The information brochure (Anwohnerinformation Sicherheit) provides residents with information on the subject of the Major Accidents Ordinance.
Residents can obtain further information in the event of an incident by calling the citizens' hotline, which is manned in the event of an incident.
Our plant is monitored by the Celle Industrial Inspectorate. More detailed information on the on-site inspection and the monitoring plan in accordance with section 17 (1) of the Hazardous Incident Ordinance can be found at:
Responsible energy policy
- The Management of CHT Germany GmbH commits itself to introduce and maintain an energy management system (EnMS) that complies with the ISO 50001 standard with all its requirements.
- It ensures that the type and scope of energy use and consumption are appropriate to the needs and further development of the company.
- CHT Germany GmbH is obliged to continuously improve the energy-related performance and the EnMS.
- CHT Germany GmbH complies with all legal and other requirements related to energy efficiency, energy use and energy consumption.
- We support the purchase of energy efficient products and services that contribute to the improvement of energy-related performance, as well as design-related activities that take into account the improvement of energy-related performance.
- To ensure the achievement of goals and energy targets, Management provides all necessary information and resources.
The Energy Policy is part of our corporate policy that focuses on sustainability. Sustainability is an integral part of the CHT Strategy 2025, which is based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG).
We consistently take responsibility for our actions, which go hand in hand with our service provision. We therefore also pay strict attention to the conservation of resources and the minimization of emissions and waste in our energy policy.
Commitment with impact
We actively support the VCI's "Chemistry4Climate" initiative with the goal of becoming greenhouse gas neutral by 2050. We are also committed by participating in the Chemie³ sustainability initiative, a joint project of the VCI, BAVC and IG BCE.
The appropriateness of the policy is reviewed by the Management in the annual review and by employees as part of projects on corporate values and guidelines, and updated as necessary.
CHT Group is involved as a partner in this important project and is looking forward to the cooperation and many purposeful results.
- Unique initiative by companies, NGOs and the German government
- Working groups develop concrete recommendations for policymakers
- Financial support from the German Environment Ministry
You have further questions or need information?
We will be happy to help you.