1953 Mr. Reinhold Beitlich established the CHT chemical factory at Tübingen.
1960 Start of the growth phase with the establishment of companies worldwide. The first milestones were Austria, France, South Africa and Switzerland.
1972 The Dusslingen production plant launched its operations.
1983 CHT was transformed into a foundation (Beitlich Familienstiftung & Reinhold Beitlich Sozialstiftung – Beitlich Family Foundation & Reinhold Beitlich Social Foundation).
1988 With the establishment of a company in Australia we set foot on the last unconquered continent. CHT is a “Global Player totally focussed on textiles”.
1996 CHT further extended its measures for the protection of the environment by modernisation and certification.
1997 Acquisition of HTC in Oyten, establishment for production plants for silicone chemicals.
1999 Commitment to act within the meaning of the worldwide “Responsible Care” Initiative.
2000 Further diversification with the establishment of the construction, performance chemicals and textile care business areas.
2010 Acquisition of Alpina Technische Produkte GmbH in Geretsried and establishment of competences in the silicone industry.
2015 Publication of the first group-wide sustainability report.
2015 Expansion of the paper business through acquisition of Quimipel Indústria Química Ltda. in Brazil.
2017 New corporate identity and new group-wide brand appearance "Smart Chemistry with Character".
2017 Expansion of the silicone business through acquisition of the ICM Silicones Group.
1971 Establishment of BEZEMA AG by CHT R. Beitlich GmbH and its founder, Mr. Reinhold Beitlich.
1972 Purchase of real estate and construction of an office and warehouse building in the Letzau industrial area in Montlingen/SG.
1980 Inclusion of textile dyes in our product range. Extension of the building (office building and laboratory). BEZEMA became a worldwide centre of competence for dyes.
1997 Extension of the dye production facilities. Opening of the communications and training centre.
1999 BEZEMA became member of the ETAD.
2002 Construction of the high bay warehouse with 13,000 pallet slots and logistics facilities. Extension of the communications and training centre.
2009 Extension of the administration building and laboratory.
2017 Change of name to CHT Switzerland AG.